Who & What PetSmart Charities Funds
We support nonprofits, municipalities, and animal welfare organizations whose programs help enrich lives through the human-animal bond.
We are always accepting new adoption partners
Open - As Needed
February 6 - March 6
April 3 - April 24
April 3 - April 24
Improving Access to Care
LOI Opens July 1 - August 1
Application Opens August 7 - August 28
July 10 - July 31
August 7 - August 28
Grant Recipient Stories
Partner Spotlight: Cat…Helping pets find loving homes is about more than adoptions. From the moment Cat Tails Adoption Services take in a homeless pet, they…
Emergency ReliefA natural disaster can occur at a moment’s notice and that’s why we prepare. We prepare to deploy funds & resources to help pets in…
What type of organization does PetSmart Charities support?
- PetSmart Charities can award grants to the following entities operating within the United States, its territories, and Canada:
- United States and its territories: 501(c)(3) public charities and municipalities (City, County, State, Tribal)
- Canada: registered charities and municipalities (City, Provincial, Registered First Nations, Metis or Inuit entity)
- We are unable to fund individuals, private foundations, for-profit organizations, or organizations or programs that operate outside the U.S. and Canada.
What does PetSmart Charities fund?
- PetSmart Charities supports nonprofit organizations and municipalities through programmatic grant support. Please view our grant categories here.
- We are unable to review requests for fundraising events, sponsorships or cash or product donations.
When are grants available?
- Grants are open for application by program within a calendared cycle. Please review the grant information on our website here for each application’s open and close dates.
- Applicants can review a landing page which provides the guidelines, criteria and requirements as well as a sample application for most grants.
When/how will I hear about funding decisions for my grant?
- For programmatic grants, applicants will be notified within 120 days of the grant’s close date.
- For National Adoption Weekend event grants, applicants are notified by two weeks of the event start date.
- Notification emails are sent to the Grantseeker (person who submitted the application) your organization has identified in CyberGrants. If you haven’t received an email within the stated time period, please check your spam/junk folder as sometimes our messages land there based on an organization’s email filters.
- If your Grantseeker contact has changed or if you have not received notification within the stated time period, you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for information.