Purpose of category:
The Steve Marton Veterinary Student Scholarship will be awarded to veterinary students in the United States who embody the mission and vision of PetSmart Charities. Veterinary students on the forefront of providing accessible veterinary care in under-resourced communities are encouraged to apply.
Through the scholarship, PetSmart Charities will award up to three (3) $50,000 scholarships funded directly to the university to cover academic tuition costs, not to exceed one academic year.
Goals of funding:
The scholarship will be given to veterinary students in good standing who have demonstrated leadership in providing access to veterinary care for pets and people in need. The ideal candidates must possess a strong drive and commitment to supporting the human-animal bond by keeping pets together with their families.
Looking for inspiration? Learn more about our 2021 scholarship recipient Paige Palomaki.
Who can apply:
Any current second or third year veterinary student in good standing may apply for the scholarship. Students must be attending a College of Veterinary Medicine within the United States.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Submit two (2) Letters of Recommendation – one from a licensed veterinarian and another from a social worker, community leader or other individual working in a community of need.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Submit most recent unofficial transcript
Helpful tips when applying:
- When applying through the grants portal, applicants will be able to search for and select the school they attend.
- Applicants must use the legal name of the school in order to find the record
- Once a school is selected, applicants should register using their name and email address
- No action will be needed by the school
This Grant Category is Currently Closed
The application window for the Steve Marton Veterinary Student Scholarship closed on April 3, 2023. If you have questions, please contact us directly at email@example.com.