Find lifelong, loving homes for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that bring people and pets together.
PetSmart Charities of Canada is committed to finding lifelong, loving homes for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that bring people and pets together. Through its in-store adoption program in all PetSmart® stores across Canada, PetSmart Charities of Canada helps to find forever homes and families for more than 25,000 shelter pets each year. PetSmart Charities of Canada also provides grant funding to registered Canadian charities aligned with its mission under four key areas of support: Preventing Pet Homelessness; Helping Shelter Pets Thrive; Supporting the Bond Between People and Pets and Providing Emergency Relief and Disaster Support. Each year, more than 500,000 generous PetSmart shoppers help pets in need by donating to PetSmart Charities of Canada using the PIN pads at checkout registers inside PetSmart stores. In turn, PetSmart Charities of Canada efficiently uses more than 90 cents of every dollar donated to fulfill its role as a leading funder of animal welfare in Canada, granting more than $14 million since its inception in 1999. PetSmart Charities of Canada is a registered Canadian charity, a member of Imagine Canada and is independent from the PetSmart business in Canada. To learn more visit www.petsmartcharities.ca
PetSmart Charities is the leader in pet adoptions – finding homes for more than 500,000 dogs and cats each year.
- 2 out of every 10 adoptions in North America are facilitated through PetSmart Charities.
- Adoption centers are located in nearly every one of PetSmart’s more than 1,600 stores.
- PetSmart’s founders chose not to contribute to pet homelessness by selling dogs and cats in their stores. PetSmart Charities was created in 1994 to link people with local shelter pets in a friendly, convenient environment.
PetSmart Charities is the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, supporting community efforts in all 50 states and Canada. We:
- provide $45 million in funding each year to nearly 4,000 animal welfare groups
- provided over $14.7 million in spay/neuter funding, resulting in well over 200,000 surgeries
- assisted more than 65,000 pets through emergency relief efforts in 2017
PetSmart Charities is a nonprofit animal welfare organization, separate from PetSmart, Inc. and committed solely to improving the well-being of pets.
- PetSmart is our largest corporate donor, including valuable retail space for PetSmart Charities Adoption Centers.
- PetSmart Charities saves more pets lives than any other animal welfare organization because of our reach and collaborative approach.
- Pet homelessness is a complex problem requiring local and national solutions, including diverse public-private partnerships to achieve the greatest impact.
- PetSmart Charities has received Charity Navigator’s top 4-star rating for 15 years in a row. We are ranked in the top 1% of charities nationwide.
Download our logos:
Download a video about us:
Deborah is an experienced executive whose career has focused on strengthening mission-driven nonprofit and public organizations. Her role as Acting President brings to life her innate passion and an area of personal pursuit: animals influencing lives and communities for the better.