Purpose of category:
This grant will support programs that help people facing acute crises keep and stay with their pets during the transition. The assistance or intervention during transition should have an identifiable time frame, may be co-located with a pet or human service agency, and provide a temporary service.
Types of animals served:
Any owned companion animal.
Applicants should include the following:
- Time frame: Short-term/identifiable time frame
- Urgency: Housing for moments of acute crises
- Partnerships and collaboration: Programs that involve collaborative partnerships between social services, animal welfare and/or for profit organizations
- Leveraged infrastructure: Co-housing that supports shelter for people and their pets or repurposed space in an animal shelter
- Data collection: Programs that are unique and innovative that have strong data collection and can build an example for other organizations
Grant Category FAQs
What are examples of acute crises we will fund?
- Domestic abuse
- Hospitalization/medical treatment/hospice care
- Housing crisis/housing transition/emergency homelessness sheltering
- Pet food insecurity programs
What are we unable to fund?
- Medical interventions/access to affordable care (unless necessary as part of emergency sheltering - e.g. vaccinations or S/N)
- Transitional or long-term housing which would fall under systematic programs
- Angel Funds
Who can apply:
- Open application to animal welfare organizations, government entities, or human social service agencies
This grant category is currently closed.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid any issues during submission. If you have any questions or experience difficulties in the submission process, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org